Thursday, July 10, 2008

Time To Catch Up

Sorry for the total neglect on my Blog.
Some thing that have been happening:
-Cassie had her baby! July 2nd, 6 days late. 7lbs. 0oz.
I'd post a pic, but she's not my baby so I can't post pics of her.
She is SO adorable! Gave Jason and I that little flicker of "Awwwweeeeee, I don't remember them being this little.....so cute." Don't hold your breath though. Between Laurens baby and Cassie's baby I should fill my baby need fix!
-Maci gave her pacifiers to baby Audrey. We put them in a zip lock, and I let her pick out some ribbon to tie around it. There were 3. She gave them willingly to the baby, and Audrey "gave her a present" too. It was a puppy like the one that Maci gave the baby at the shower and she had a fit over it.
It went well......until it was time to leave. She started asking for "my passie back".
It took 2 hours to get her to sleep (normally a 'good nite sleep tight love you' kind of girl).
Yesterday she was VERY cranky and whined all day for it in the MOST pitiful voice. Heartbreaking. Sh didn't sleep a wink yesterday. We put her to bed at 9:00. I let her read me a story, then we looked at her photo album. She tried to whine a little, but just layed down, and we didn't hear another word out of her! YIPPEE!
First thing she said this morning though, "Mommy I want my passie." She's a big girl though and it's hard I know. Maybe today will be a little easier.
-My husband took me on a surprise date for our anniversary. We went to the Olive Garden, then to the Comedy Club, then to the Hilton. Yes the Hilton. Only 30 minutes from our 'children at grandparents, very vacant home' the Hilton. It was fun. He was being creative and he set it all up himself. I was proud of him.
-Maci is fascinated with poots - ALL THANKS TO VERY FLATULENT HUSBAND!-
He was recently standing in the kitchen and let one rip. Maci says her typical "Eeeeewwwwwww Daddy. You "poonen" (aka pooted).
Then to my shock and surprise she says, 'Hey Daddy, watch this.' She strains and squeaks a poot out, and dies laughing. I'm speechless.
Worse than that, she did it again yesterday morning trying to wake Emma up. 'Hey Emma, watch this'.......yeah you know the rest.
And then we had our neighbor come swim with us yesterday. He is 8 and goes to school with Emma. The entire time they were in the pool Maci asked, 'Hey Dawson, did you poonen?' when he'd say no, she'd chime in 'Well I did.'
OH MY GOSH! HELP ME!!!!!
So the new answer to the ever so often asked question "Don't y'all want to try for a boy?", is a resounding NO! If my sweet little girl is this obsessed with a poot, I can only imagine what my darling little boy would do! No thanks, I'm good with my girls!
-Emma is still sleep walking. Last night on her second trip wondering around the house, we found her going out the back door! Jason put her back to bed and I told him she was going out the door. He didn't believe me because he found her in the living room. I was still in the bedroom (second time - tag you're it - I got the last one). He went back to check the door after putting her back to bed. The back door was standing WIDE OPEN! So today I'm off to buy a chain for the door that she can't reach in her sleepy adventures. Never a dull moment I'm telling you!
I guess that is all for right now. I hope to be more regular in my blogging from now on. Key word there - HOPE.
P.S. Lauren, thanks for the Mary Kay Andrews books! I'm having such a good time reading them. Very funny, and so Southern that we can really relate. I've read Savannah Blues and I'm half way through Itty Bitty Lies. Loving them!

No comments: