Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hanging on for Dear Life

So my kiddos are growing up and it is sort of freaking me out. I'm starting to see why some families HAVE 4 and 5 kids! The mommas can't stand to loose a baby.

Emma has forever called a bikini a zucchini (until last Summer) and marshmallows are smarshmallows. Until yesterday. She was talking in the back seat and I can't even tell you what she was talking about because when she said "smarshmallows" and corrected herself and said "I mean MARSHmallows" my mind went all back to the future on me. My thoughts instantly were zipping through my memory file of my cute little Emma growing up before my eyes.
At least we still have "Breakf-tast" and I'm hanging on for dear life!

Maci is also just running toward leaving Jason & I in the Empty Nest. She's saying things like "it's just no use" & "gimme a break man".
I took her to her first movie at the theater yesterday. Hey, it was free, so I was out zippo if I had to leave 10 minutes into the show right? She did well, except for the cardboard cut out of Wall-E in the lobby (which she is dying to go see). During the movie - the ENTIRE movie- she told me she wanted to go see Wall-E. SO in the last 5 minutes of the show she figured out that saying I am ready to go home would ALSO get her into the lobby to see Wall-E.....and it did.

Oh and Wawen, we are getting some SERIOUS use out of the "wholler" you gave her at her birthday last year! Where Emma is a total stuffed animal freak (like her momma was), Maci LOVES her babies!!! It's adorable! She says things like "I'd better go get my baby, she's sad. Baaaaaabyyyyyyyy honey where are you?" Cracks me up!

So until next time, I'll just be here, hanging on to the "baby" still left in my children for dear life.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Personally, I liked "Lil'a fella whose cute and LELLA" They do grow up too fast. Kitty about had a heart attack the day that Victoria started saying "Sissors, Soup, Syrup and Bathing Suit" instead of "Zizzers, Zoop, Zerup, and Bacon Zup"