2. Saturday night when it was time for bed, I announced it was time to be tucked in. Maci held up her hands in a "freeze" motion and said "Wait Mom. I can put myself to bed." Be still my heart and when did you get so big????? And stop it!
3. Emma is learning multiplication in the 2nd grade....they are actually showing them why blank x's blank = blank. I remember sitting with flash cards and memorizing them and just taking someones word for it. Maybe if I retook math today I'd make better grades. There might actually be a reason that A=B other than " BECAUSE IT JUST DOES".
4. Our power went out yesterday morning at 4:00AM because of storms (that weren't really close to our home at all). The kids were out of school for a weather day (ironically). The power came on again TODAY at 11:00AM. It sounds awful, but really other than the lack of hot water (and not being able to wash clothes, vacuum, or cook) it really was actually quite peaceful. No one wanted the 1 shower, so I took it...by candlelight. I'm thinking I may do that again!
5. Gymboree knows what they are doing! Their monkey line is too stinkin' cute and I really don't need to spend any cash on clothes fro the kiddos....but have you SEEN the monkeys? OMG.
6. Emma is hanging out with our neighbors kids more often lately. The girl is 10 the boy 9. I know that the girl's mom is begining to talk to her about the changing body, periods, babies, etc. I'm so afraid that the 2 girls are going to get into that conversation. Yes, I know I have to talk to her about these things, but I think I should also get to wait until the age of 10 too. Right?
7. I love my dog. He's so goofy. And so perfect, in such a non-perfect, dingbat kind of way.
8. Have you seen "7 pounds" with Will Smith???? Such a profound movie. I can't quit thinking about it.
9. On the news right now they are talking about a mailman that is getting attacked on his route. By turkeys! Now really, is this all the news we've got? If so, we are doing good!
10. Jason backed my truck into our garbage can Sunday morning (the one with the metal bar for a handle). Now it needs body work. Our GARBAGE CAN....in our CARPORT! This comes only after he broke his front axle on his truck SATURDAY morning and I had a flat tire Saturday afternoon. Lovely!

















1 comment:
'Bout time for a new post! I am glad that you guys are doing well. That dang truck of Jasons, nothing but trouble...new engine, new axle...YUCK!
I miss you guys...lets get together!
Post a Comment