Monday, May 11, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. This is my yard BEFORE the county started putting in the "new" water line. I am standing on my porch. (Can't get my pictures to post in order, so you'll see the conclusion to this story in a second.)
2. We did get a new kitty. Her name is Sunshine "Sunny". As you can see Rocky wants Jason to know he still loves him!
3. She is very cute. I am still a dog person and am reminded each day why, as I call Sunny and she looks at me like I'm C-R-A-Z-Y. There's still nothing like a good ol' dog who comes running clumsily when called!
4. This is my yard after the new and improved water line has been put in. You'll notice that the water is muddy up close to the road. That's the 5 feet wide 6 feet deep ditch that they dug and covered with hay. All of that hay has floated away. Later that night when I took this picture, the water was up to the other side of my little flower bed. Nothing like the county "improving" the water system!

5. I have learned (confirmed what I knew but wasn't willing to admit) about myself this year from being room mother for Emma's class that:
-I am still painfully shy. I've been this way all of my life, and who knows how I made a living in sales, but I did. I told myself this would be good for me. It would force me to overcome my shyness.
- I am not a leader...at all.
-I'm am not a very assertive person when it comes to people I don't know.
-I will not volunteer to be room mother again.

6. Mother's Day was a disaster! Was taken to a restaurant with my in-laws. The food was bad. And I had to sit at the kids table because it was someone's genius idea that a 3 year old, 4 year old, 6 year old and 8 year old were old enough to sit at a table of their own....I refused to let that happen because I have a brain and know what said 3, 4, 6 & 8 year olds are capable of at home when together, much less in a restaurant on Mother's Day, Sunday, after church 12:30 lunch crowd.
While at the kiddy table our conversation included how to spell poopoo, how far we can SPIT a peanut across the table, who can get the most macaroni stuck to their face (crammed in with fist, not fork), and who can nudge eachother the hardest with their shoulder & who can blow the most bubbles in their drink with their straw. Just a side note, my children told other children to "stop it---I'm trying to eat!" That's my girls!

7. Maci had her first trip to the dentist yesterday. She did so well. She was actually excited about going. The bad news: Jason (and me too, but more Jason) gave her his orthodontic genes. She already has a cross bite, crowding on her lower front teeth, an arch that is too narrow, and in her x-rays she already has permanent teeth stacked on on top of the other. Thank goodness for orthodntic insurance!

8. Only this week and next left of school. I have mixed emotions about it. More of one emotion than the other (wink wink).

9. I am not looking forward to Emma and Maci fighting over Emma's Nintendo DS all Summer long. Is it crazy that I'm flirting with the idea of buying Maci a $130 video game? The way I see it $130 is a very good deal for the price of my sanity.

10. Our fence is 1/2 way up in the back yard! By 1/2 way I mean all the post are in and now we just have to put the actual chain link up. I am so excited! Rocky is pretty stoked too. I'm free I'm free!

More of Maci's dental pictures to come.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

SOrry that your front yard looks like the red sea now..that stinks! the kitten is cute, but I am still a dog person. I like kittens, but not cats...although ruby acts like a cat sometimes. Hmmm interesting