Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. School is out on Thursday and I will be the proud owner of a future third grader. sigh.
When did I get old enough to have a third grader? Anybody???

2. I got a pedicure Friday (my first since....gasp....last April). It was so nice. And call me crazy, but I got purple polish! This coming from a girl who LOVES color, but is afraid to commit to anything colorful, is a big deal. I live a very neutral beige life. BORING!

3. My baby is almost too long for her toddler bed. Referencing #1, when did I get old enough to have a 3 year old too long for her toddler bed???? Question: If she gets a "big girl" bed, does that mean she's not a toddler anymore? Because if so, her feet can just hang off the end.

4. Rooting for Adam Lambert tonight! He is just too cool!

5. Emma had her end of the year ice cream sundae party in her class yesterday and being the room mom, it was my job to collect a donation to give to the teacher. Out of 19 students, I received $33. Not kidding. I made up some of the difference in what I had expected to get. Not going to step on soap box. The kids' goodie "bags" turned out cute though. I also asked parents to send in 19 things of their choice to fill a goodie bag with. I got more of a response out of that. They had fruit snacks, punching balloons, bubbles etc. I got sand pails from the dollar store and painted the names on them and filled them up (again making up the difference). For her teacher I got a bigger pail, painted her name on it and had all of the money broken into $1 bills. I crumpled them all up and filled the bucket and stuck the shovel in. I'd like to receive a bucket full of cash! It went over well and was very cute. Just an idea.

6. Saturday evening Jason and I were going to Pizza Hut and saw a turtle crossing the road. We turned around and sat in the middle of the intersection turn around thingy to see if he'd make it. It was on a VERY busy 4 lane highway and his chances were slim. 'Why didn't you pick him up and help him?' you are asking. Well, because he was a snapping turtle about the size of my car tire, and I really don't think he'd have appreciated it. We watched pain stakingly as he poked across one lane then crossed the intersection stopping to lay in a puddle for a minute. Then he continued on. He got to the first lane and saw that a car was coming so he laid down. ( I didn't know turtles knew to look both ways). Then he was off. It was clear. He crossed the first lane. Stopped. It was clear to him, but the cars came quickly. One car moves over to dodge him. Another slows down to see him. The next straddles him. And then, we are talking inches from the white line. Thud................we are hoping he just got bumped because then he put it into high gear and ran into the grass. It was terrible. But I'm looking on the bright side....I think he just got bumped. Poor turtle.

7. What has happened to this weather? One day it's in the high 80's, then this morning it was 49 degrees when I took Emma to school! It's May the 19th in Alabama. This is just unacceptable.

8. My poor kitty. These girls are gonna drive her crazy trying to love on her!

9. My 5 year anniversary is coming up in July. 40 is silver, 50 is golden, 1 is paper. I wonder what 5 is? Maybe it is sand. wink wink! Google here I come!

10.Ok. Good news and bad news. The bad news is that #5 is "wooden". The good news is technically drift wood could be counted as wood right? And that would involve a trip to the beach to pick a piece up right? Sneaky, I know!

No comments: