Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ten on Tuesday - The Vote for Maci Edition

1. Don't forget to vote for Maci for the Parents Magazine Photo Cover Contest.
http://www.parents.com/app/sharemy/photoDetails.jsp?photoId=182800025&fromSearch=

(rate each pic with the stars AND click recommend if you think she's a cutie!)

2. The new Wii Fit game ROCKS!!! It is brutally honest, and WILL NOT let you cheat in any way, but it is awesome! It even tells you when you skip a day, and asks if you were too busy to work out, and if you play in the evening it reminds you to brush your teeth before bed. We LOVE it!

3. How do I stop the unsolicited e-mail madness??? I didn't check my e-mail for 3 days and had 572 new messages. When I finally sorted through them all, only 9 were actually for me from people I knew.

4. We got to see a hot air balloon crash/land in a wheat field yesterday. It was fun. Not for the occupants of the balloon I'm sure, but it was more of a wind/fire malfunction and soft unexpected landing.

5. All 10 of us - 6 adults and 4 children piled into my Trailblazer to ride about 2 miles down the road to chase the hot air balloon..............and when it landed a cop passed us. There was 3 adults and 3 children in the hatch/trunk with the back gate open. I don't know HOW IN THE WORLD we got passed him.

6. Skin so soft mosquito spray DOES NOT work! Maci got sprayed down twice yesterday afternoon and the poor child has 12 bites. She is miserable!

7. Today the girls and I make octopus' (I guess that would be octupi plural right?) out of a Styrofoam ball and yarn today. We braided the legs, and put on googly eyes. They have carried around with them today like they are FABULOUS new toys. Who knew a homemade $3 toy would bring such joy!!!???

8. Gas is killing us y'all! Something has got to give! I remember just before I got pregnant with Emma (and she's just 7) I had an Acura Integra. Gas was .86 a gallon and it cost about $8.65 to fill it up one time. A long shot from $72! And when I purchased my Trailblazer, $36 would fill 'er up! Ridiculous!

9. We started using ground chicken to make quesadillas instead of having to cook chicken then chop it up. It is SO much easier and I think it tastes better too! Worth a try.

10. It's crazy how a friends home being burglarized can make one so extremely aware of their environment at home. Please pray that our friends and their children can find peace in overcoming the invasion of their home, and loss of their items.


1 comment:

Candi said...

I totally feel ya on the gas thing. I remember when it was really cheap too. I have a Honda Accord and I filled it up Sunday and it cost $60!! That is ridiculous! Gas prices need to come down!
I voted for Maci's pictures. They are really cute :)