So who hasn't been on itunes downloading your childhood (aka Michale Jackson hits) this weekend?
I can say that every time we've been in the car this weekend all of our favorite MJ songs I downloaded have been playing non-stop. It brings back so many memories. He has the kind of songs that when you pull up in the driveway you don't want to turn the car off so you can hear the rest of the song.
Can you believe how many songs you remember the lyrics to? Do you wonder what was up with the Nazi-type arm band he always wore and the tape on his fingers? Do you marvel at the size of the mans hands for such a small body? Do you go into a trans when flipping through and find VH1 tributes and can just watch video after video & get mad when a commercial comes on? Do you wonder how a persons talent can be taken for granted? Do you wonder how they did the move in "Smooth Criminal" where they lean forward and don't fall down? Do you wonder where your leather jacket with zippers all over disappeared to? Where are your parachute pants and white glove? Where are all of those cassette tapes? What's your favorite song? Is your heart heavy for someone who we've lost, but didn't even know? Do you feel like a piece of our childhood has passed away this week?
It's just been a jaw dropping week. One of the first thoughts I had when I heard the news is what Farrah Fawcett said when she arrived in Heaven and a few hours later Michael showed up. 'Hey........what are you doing here???'
Looking at his videos it seems like there was so much to be read into what his destiny would be. Such as Leave Me Alone. When I heard the entire song 'You Are Not Alone' today I literally got chill bumps. It's like he knew this would happen. Almost as if it were a plan of his.
I am a fan. I always was, I had just forgotten how much of a fan I was. His lyrics are genius. They really tell a story. What talent. What a loss. What a devastating situation for his children. You will be missed, but never forgotten.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment