Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Less Than Honest Crafters

I know that there aren't any dishonest crafters that visit here (and if there are, I'm running you off the porch with my broom right now!)

I want to warn my fellow crafters to keep an eye out on Ebay especially for other auctions for similar products that you make. Look for your photos that have been taken without your permission.

I was just checking in on my account when a very honest Ebay seller was so kind to let me know she had seen my exact picture listed in someone else's auction. They were claiming that they are making these CUSTOM ONE OF A KIND tutu sets. HA! Luckily it wasn't a picture of my child.

I thought I was keeping myself safe by watermarking my pictures, but this user was able to remove my watermark.

I have reported ALL 5, yes FIVE listings containing my image to ebay customer service. The bad news is I won't be updated AND it take a couple of days to review. So be careful! Check out your competition....some are sneaky thieves!

So here is my WARNING to Less Than Honest crafters:

**IF YOU ARE TALENTED ENOUGH TO CREATE HANDMADE DRESSES, AND SMART ENOUGH TO REMOVE A WATERMARK FROM EXISTING PHOTOS..........THEN TAKE THE STINKIN' TIME TO SNAP YOUR OWN DANG PICTURES HOW BOUT IT!??** (Can I get an AMEN?)

I would out the seller, but I don't want her to have the satisfaction of the advertisement from my blog.

Feel free to leave your comments if you'd like to vent about cheaters...

So don't forget to visit my ebay store and check out MY tutu sets if you'd like. They are original outfits, with original photos....on MY front porch. You can find my link over there <-------

4 comments:

Candi said...

That is horrible! I'm glad that you were alerted though and that it wasn't a picture of Maci or Emma. Man you just never know...it's scary!

Lauren said...

I am glad that someone alerted you to the issue!!! We occassionally will get a complaint where someone has stolen pics of a vehicle off of someone else's eBay listing and then sold it and ran off with the $$. Yep...sucks!

Anonymous said...

One time I was selling a doll and another ebayer took my picture and used it to sell their doll.
It was my dining room table, my doll, everything.

I got scammed on Ebay and stopped using them forever ago and have no idea if the pic is still around.

I hope the person that stole your pic is making quality items! If not their customers wont be happy after seeing those pics!

Anonymous said...

When I tried to get a business license I ran into trouble with my blog name, reddoor.
Here's my new name and blog address :)

http://tinamicheledesigns.blogspot.com/