Thursday, January 15, 2009

Are YOU Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

Ok, well then are you smarter than a second grader?

We got some good news this week. Emma has been invited to be tested further for the gifted program for the third grade. I am excited. I'm not sure exactly WHAT that means for her yet, seeing how I wasn't part of the gifted program when I was in school, but it's a good thing.

There's only one problem with her being a smarty pants. Her need to know everything. She asks questions about random things all the time. I usually have a reasonable answer for her, and if not, I always pull out the "I'm not sure.....go ask you Dad." line! Love that!

This morning however she had a dollar bill in her hand and that triggered her mind a tad.
Let me first say that aside from Algebra, history has no place in my heart. It just doesn't interest me and never has (told you I wasn't part of the gifted program). So here come the questions:

Who is on this dollar?
Who was our first president?
Who is George Washington?
When did he die?
What picture is on a hundred dollar bill?
What does Benjamin Franklin look like?
When did HE die?

STOP THE MADNESS!???

My mom used to always tell me "go look it up". As a kid I thought that was the worst answer ever (and was never inclined to "look it up"). Now I understand that answer so much better.

I am not smarter than a 5th (ahem...I mean 2nd) grader.
At least not when it comes to presidential trivia.

Got to go study!

No comments: