Tuesday, June 3, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1. Maci has inherited her Daddy's sleep walking habit. Twice I woke up last night with her just standing and staring through the dark at us from our bedroom door way. She has scared the crap out of me!!!!

2. I need some advise on FLY repellent for my outside dog. We put his monthly flea/tick repellent on him, but apparently the flies aren't phased by it. Things we have tried that I found on the Internet (that haven't worked yet) include: A yellow bandanna around his neck, rubbing fresh mint all over him (it grows in my backyard by our storage barn), & spraying OFF on him.
I'M OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS!

3. I'm in the renovation mood. Which much to my husbands disappointment usually means I reek havoc on the Home Depot card. On my "To Do" list: paint the shutters, paint the front door and add a grapevine wreath, put lattice around the bottom of the back porch, put up our pool (which involves digging and leveling the yard), paint my bathroom, paint my bedroom, get new shower curtain, sew new living room curtains (can't for the life of me find what I want, so I'll make them), clean all of the carpets, paint the address numbers on the front of the house, stain the back porch & finish staining the front porch, maybe add some handrails too. See what I mean?

4. It's hard to keep a 7 year old entertained all day long!

5. Emma has outgrown stickers. Our mail lady at the post office offered her and Maci a sticker yesterday and Maci was all about a sticker. Emma however said, "No thank you. I don't want one." It was all I could do not to say, "Dang it you are 7 for crying out loud! You love stickers, you WILL not be too old for stickers, playing with dolls, sleeping with animals, or anything else I decide you can't outgrow UNTIL I SAY SO!!!" Got it?

6. I got a Magic Eraser mop today. Crazy as it sounds, I can't wait to use it! I LOVE the Magic Eraser!

7. Boarding a dog is EXPENSIVE!

8. 11 days until we go to the beach! So excited!

9. Round patio cushions are harder to find than I thought.

10. I also can't find the tall Red Fountain Grass to plant by my steps this year. It's all up and down HWY 280, but nary a plant to be found! It's so pretty!

No comments: