Friday, August 7, 2009

It's About Time

Yeah, it's been a long while. To be quite honest, I've been playing on facebook.

So what's new?

Emma had 2 baby teeth pulled yesterday. We did it to prevent permanent teeth from coming in crooked. She didn't feel a thing! What a great experience it was!

I've had a crick in my neck since July 4th. It is a re-occurring thing I've had for the past 3 years. I've been to the doc before and had steroid injections, gotten anti inflammatory meds, exercises, etc. But it has never lasted for a month before. My hand has started going numb, so I went to the doc, got xrays, meds, and was sent today for an MRI. I'll find out something next week I guess.

Had to cuss out the receptionist at the doctors office for taking 2 days to even get my paperwork sent to the MRI place. Her excuse....I haven't stopped to fax it because I am busy seeing other patients. Hello...you are the receptionist. I've been a receptionist. Your job isn't that hectic....I've BEEN a patient in your office and I've seen you "see" other patients. Cut the crap.

I got new tennis shoes today. I know I know, but new shoes are always worthy of a blog post right? Look how fast I can run!

My dog has heart worms. He's been treated. He went for his 3 week check up last Friday and now has a heart murmur. THey sent us home with more meds. He went back today for his 1 week post heart murmur exam, and still has the murmur. Sent home more meds, and is supposed to go back in 2 weeks for his 3 week post heart murmur/6 week follow-up heart worm treatment exam. Whew. And on that day they'll tell us if we need to see a cardiologist. Yes, you heard that correctly. He's been inside for 4 weeks, and I've been doing much more mopping and vacuuming than normal. Please pray for our doggie.

Next Thursday I get released from being held hostage for the Summer! Yippee! School starts Thursday! T minus 5 days and counting!

I've stained both of my porches this month. Talk about thigh muscles I didn't know existed!

I found a childhood friend on Facebook who used to be attached at the hip with me. What fun! I've enjoyed catching up.

I am trying to talk my husband into thinking it's his idea that we need the new Wii Resort game. There was 1 left at Walmart today and it was extremely hard to walk away from the Wii games. Just step away from the Wii's.

School clothes shopping with an 8 year old is what I imagined it to be when she is maybe 16.....NOT 8!!

I am in a book funk. I like reading fun whimsical stories. No mysteries, history, suspense, thrillers. Just fun stuff. Any suggestions?

I got Maci to eat a Flintstone vitamin! There is a God! I told her they are Flintstone candy and they taste like smarties. Hey, sometimes a Mommy has got to do what a Mommy has got to do!

I am going to have to end my relationship with the Blue Bell Ice Cream. It's not you, it's me. Really!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Sorry to hear about you neck and Rocky.

Mary Kay Andrews just released a new book..."The Fixer Upper", run...don't walk, to the book store to get it...it is great!