Wow, what a fun Thanksgiving!
We family-hopped all day but we had a ton of fun!
Yesterday(black Friday) I went shopping with my friend Sarah. We accomplished everything on our list and the crowds weren't that bad. The parking was a cinch, and no one got elbowed all day! :)
The most wonderful part of this post is what we hope our family will get to experience this year.
While standing in line yesterday (wink wink) I overheard a lady talking about her daughter writing to Santa to ask that an elf visit for the holidays. She hadn't heard back from him yet, but we decided to give it a try.
So this morning while I wrote out bills, Maci & Emma wrote to Santa to ask if he could send an elf to our house. I mailed it with my bills, and we went on with our day. I checked the mail later and had junk mail, and more bills of course.
Later I went out to get some wings for us to eat during the Iron Bowl (UUUGGGHHHH).
We watched the game, and ate our lunch, and Jason got up to see if it was still raining. There was a huge red bow on our mailbox. Where did it come from???
So he and the girls went out to see and they found 2 letters in red envelopes, and a How the Grinch Stole Christmas" DVD (a favorite at the North Pole), tied up with a red ribbon and two small ornaments.
They were delighted, and apparently the post office has an expressway to the North Pole!
Their notes explained that Santa and his elves are very close and he didn't want to part with them. However they do sneak away sometimes without him knowing and report back to him about the standings on the "nice" list. He said if one should sneak off, to place a glass of water and some crackers out so that they'll know they are welcomed at our house.
So we set the snack out and we are waiting to see if anyone shows up in the morning.
We are so excited!!!
elf-magic.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment