1. We found a new church. This past Sunday was the second service ever, and we LOVE it! Amazing how much the going to church experience can change when you enjoy the preacher, understand, relate, and feel comfortable.
2. I had a "I feel like cleaning today" day Monday. Cleaned really all of my house. We aren't talking Spring Cleaning or anything. Just actually went to each room, wiped off, vacuumed, straightened, etc. Now of course since everyone came home mid-evening, it is all shot! Looks like I haven't done a thing!
3. Emma's birthday is today (Monday night). She turned 8. Wow, I now want to lock her in her room. She's growing up too fast!
4. We had her party at a pizza bakery here called Mellow Mushroom. They don't normally do birthday parties, but I talked them into letting the kids make their own pizzas. It was a total HIT! The staff was amazing and the kids had a blast!
5. Last Thursday all of our fish had dies except 1, and I felt sorry for him. He was all alone. I went to Wal-Mart and bought 6 regular old goldfish (counting on a few getting the toilet bowl ceremony sooner than later), and an algae eater. Friday morning, Jason was being a sweetheart and cleaning up the kitchen, I was getting ready to go to a meeting. Maci was feeding the fish........WHAT???? Maci was feeding the fish?????
Yes, she had dumped half of the large container of fish food in the aquarium, the table it was sitting on, the floor, and all over her. "They were hungry" she said. The fish were having a feast! So ten minutes before we were supposed to leave for our appointment, we had to scoop out the fish, and totally clean the tank. It's a small tank, but still. Classic huh?
6. I switched Emma and Maci's sides of the car, so I don't have to walk around the car to get Maci out. I also took the dvd players out. Come on, they need to see the trees and scenery right? You'd think the world stopped! It's almost as if the car moving depends on the dvd players being on as much as it depends on the car being cranked!
7. Draw-back. Now I get the "hey momma? why? why? why? why?", "stop looking at me", "stop touching me", "gimme that!" Geeeez! Maybe I'll put the dvd's back in the car! :)
8. I'm almost finished with Hissy Fit by Mary Kay Andrews (thanks Lauren for suggesting her books! they are hilarious!). It is her last book out of only 5 or 6. I don't know how I am going to go to bed at night without Mary. :(
9. Did anyone hear that Merrill Lynch has gone out of business? WOW! What is wrong with this world? Pretty major! I mean if they can't stay in business, how the heck is the average family supposed to stay afloat?
10. My dad went tonight to look at a tricycle for himself that he found used locally on Craig's List. He needs to exercise because of his heart condition, and since he has a habit of passing out and being dizzy, my stepmom said he can't have a bike, but a tricycle. Did ya know that tricycles for adults will set you back about $300-$700? C-R-A-Z-Y! But it sounds fun doesn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















2 comments:
Where are you...you don't blog! I miss your blogs...heck I miss you!
been sewing myself silly! tto many orders due before Halloween to remember to eat, much less blog....I haven't even read a blog in weeks! Did look at your nursery pics though. We talked about that...very pretty!
Gotta go sew! Call me tomorrow!
Post a Comment